August 21, 2020 @ 06:00pm
Title of Book:
The End of Policing, Alex S. Vitale
Chapter 9: Border Policing
Border Patrol’s (BP) role in Policing Protests Against Police Brutality: https://youtu.be/9AlzhIj0-Gw
- Homework Discussion: Last session, we gave everyone a little bit of research to carry out — we asked everyone to look into the police budget for their city, and to find out how many police officers were currently employed. In this session, we will share our findings, and discuss.
- Did you enjoy the reading? Do you have a favorite quote that you want to talk about?
- How does it feel to see Mexican members of our community be part of Border Patrol (BP)/ICE?
- What are some ways that BP/ICE violate human rights?
- How have you seen what Vitale discusses reflected in your community?
- How does BP/ICE prevent safety and social justice?
- In reference to the video, how can we hold BP law enforcement accountable?